cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexnet Server is showing XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it

Dear Team,

I am tryin below url and it shows subjected:

http://mysam.mydomain.com/inventory-beacons/api/download/importer-xml

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Message>An error has occurred.</Message>
<ExceptionMessage>An error occurred when trying to create a controller of type 'DownloadController'. Make sure that the controller has a parameterless public constructor.</ExceptionMessage>
<ExceptionType>System.InvalidOperationException</ExceptionType>
<StackTrace> at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.DefaultHttpControllerActivator.Create(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor, Type controllerType) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor.CreateController(HttpRequestMessage request) at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()</StackTrace>
<InnerException>
<ExceptionMessage>An exception was thrown while activating Flexera.Beacon.Web.Shared.Controllers.DownloadController -> Flexera.Beacon.Web.Shared.Services.PackageGenerationService.</ExceptionMessage>
<ExceptionType>Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException</ExceptionType>
<StackTrace> at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.CreateInstance(IEnumerable`1 parameters) at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute() at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, ResolveRequest request) at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(ResolveRequest request) at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.TryResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& instance) at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveOptionalService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters) at Autofac.Integration.WebApi.AutofacWebApiDependencyScope.GetService(Type serviceType) at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.DefaultHttpControllerActivator.GetInstanceOrActivator(HttpRequestMessage request, Type controllerType, Func`1& activator) at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.DefaultHttpControllerActivator.Create(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor, Type controllerType)</StackTrace>
<InnerException>
<ExceptionMessage>An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Flexera.Beacon.Web.Shared.Services.ITenancyService, Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Packaging.IPackageRetryPolicy)' on type 'PackageGenerationService'.</ExceptionMessage>
<ExceptionType>Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException</ExceptionType>
<StackTrace> at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBinding.Instantiate() at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ReflectionActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters) at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.CreateInstance(IEnumerable`1 parameters)</StackTrace>
<InnerException>
<ExceptionMessage>Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path1</ExceptionMessage>
<ExceptionType>System.ArgumentNullException</ExceptionType>
<StackTrace> at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2, String path3) at Flexera.Beacon.Web.Shared.Services.PackageGenerationService..ctor(ITenancyService tenancyService, IPackageRetryPolicy retryPolicy) at lambda_method(Closure , Object[] ) at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBinding.Instantiate()</StackTrace>
</InnerException>
</InnerException>
</InnerException>
</Error>

My beacon shows attached error message. Beacon last reported shows latest time but shows check connectivity

Beacon status:Never reported
Beacon Web server status:Never reported
Last reported:2/1/2023 6:49:58 pm
Policy status:No policy

I have reinstalled/ deleted/ added beacon again. Nothing helped. 

We have upgraded FNMS from 2020 R1 to 2022 R2. No errors reported during the updade.

Can you please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq
(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The error details being seen here may be consistent with a situation where you had the beacon component installed on an application server, and then the beacon component was uninstalled. Doing that is known to break the application server configuration.

I'm not sure exactly what would be required to remediate the configuration. Some ideas to try are:

1. Re-run the Config.ps1 script to configure the application server.
  2. If that doesn't help, do an MSI repair of the application server package and then re-run Config.ps1 again.
  3. If that still doesn't help, maybe try installing the beacon software again and repeating the previous steps.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Anything relevant in the BeaconEngine.log?

Your error message seems to imply that a connection to the FNMS server failed. Is your FNMS server itself operating normally?

--Mark

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The error details being seen here may be consistent with a situation where you had the beacon component installed on an application server, and then the beacon component was uninstalled. Doing that is known to break the application server configuration.

I'm not sure exactly what would be required to remediate the configuration. Some ideas to try are:

1. Re-run the Config.ps1 script to configure the application server.
  2. If that doesn't help, do an MSI repair of the application server package and then re-run Config.ps1 again.
  3. If that still doesn't help, maybe try installing the beacon software again and repeating the previous steps.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

HI Chris,

Thank you for your message, actually before your message we did that and actually that worked. Thank you once again for your support.

Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq