cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera Inventory Agent Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.9?

Hi all ...

The FlexNet Manager Suite 2023 R2 System Requirements and Compatibility guide (the latest Flexera release as of this posting) states that the agent supports "Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.0-6.10 (x86, 32-bit and 64-bit); 7.0-8.8 and 9.0-9.2 (x86 64-bit only)" - it skips over RHEL 8.9.  

Is RHEL 8.9 supported by any version of the inventory agent?

--Mark

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

RHEL 8.9 is newer than the FlexNet Manager Suite 2023 R2 release, so that RHEL release couldn't be tested or included in the compatibility information.

Latest FlexNet inventory agent versions available with Flexera One deployments do support RHEL 8.9 (see here), so it would be reasonable to expect that agents in the next FlexNet Manager Suite release that is published will also support RHEL 8.9.

I would guess it is likely the FlexNet Manager Suite 2023 R2 agents will work on RHEL 8.9 (it is rare that there are changes in an OS minor version that would impact the agent), although I don't personally know of anybody who has tried it.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

RHEL 8.9 is newer than the FlexNet Manager Suite 2023 R2 release, so that RHEL release couldn't be tested or included in the compatibility information.

Latest FlexNet inventory agent versions available with Flexera One deployments do support RHEL 8.9 (see here), so it would be reasonable to expect that agents in the next FlexNet Manager Suite release that is published will also support RHEL 8.9.

I would guess it is likely the FlexNet Manager Suite 2023 R2 agents will work on RHEL 8.9 (it is rare that there are changes in an OS minor version that would impact the agent), although I don't personally know of anybody who has tried it.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Looks like we'll be trying it 🙂  Thanks @ChrisG !

--Mark

@IronManMK10   Haven't tried it yet ...

--Mark