cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to save batch process execution information

I am receiving the following warning in the BatchProcessScheduler log file after migrating and upgrading from 2020 R2 to 2023 R1.  I would not have noticed this except when I attempt to shut down the FlexNet Manager Suite Batch Process Scheduler, I get an error and have to reboot the server to reset the service.  Here is the message from the Event Viewer log.

Product: FlexNet Manager Suite -- Error 1921. Service FlexNet Manager Suite Batch Process Scheduler (BatchProcessScheduler) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.
(1) Solution

I was able to determine that while the installation process did not report a failure, there was an actual error that occurred.  When reviewing the FNMSCompliance database upgrade log, I searched for the keyword "Exception" and found that the upgrade had failed to complete.  This was due to a custom AccessMode that I had created in the development environment while exploring options for a different problem in the system.  I removed the custom AccessMode record and repeated the upgrade and have not see the problem repeated.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That looks like some kind of message from Windows Installer. I can't immediately think how this would appear in your BatchProcessScheduler log file. Could you provide some more detail from the log? e.g. Some of the lines of logging that appear immediately before this message?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I was able to determine that while the installation process did not report a failure, there was an actual error that occurred.  When reviewing the FNMSCompliance database upgrade log, I searched for the keyword "Exception" and found that the upgrade had failed to complete.  This was due to a custom AccessMode that I had created in the development environment while exploring options for a different problem in the system.  I removed the custom AccessMode record and repeated the upgrade and have not see the problem repeated.