Did you mean: 

FNMS is not picking up the Weblogic from few vm's instead showing as coherence

FNMS is not picking up the Weblogic from few vm's instead showing as coherence

Can anyone explain the reason behind?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The answer here is likely to ultimately depend on what details are being gathered from these VMs by whatever tool you are using to gather software inventory.

A good place to go to start to gain insight on what raw evidence is being imported from your inventory tool is to look at the "Evidence" tab when viewing a particular inventory device record in the web UI. This will help you see what evidence has been gathered from that device, and if/how that evidence has been used to recognize installations of applications.

In case you haven't reviewed this already, also check out the following article which discusses limitations regarding recognition of Oracle WebLogic installations: Recognizing Oracle WebLogic editions.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The answer here is likely to ultimately depend on what details are being gathered from these VMs by whatever tool you are using to gather software inventory.

A good place to go to start to gain insight on what raw evidence is being imported from your inventory tool is to look at the "Evidence" tab when viewing a particular inventory device record in the web UI. This will help you see what evidence has been gathered from that device, and if/how that evidence has been used to recognize installations of applications.

In case you haven't reviewed this already, also check out the following article which discusses limitations regarding recognition of Oracle WebLogic installations: Recognizing Oracle WebLogic editions.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Specfically I've had success in the past by turning on file evidence scanning for the particular directories Weblogic is installed on.

Hope that helps.

j