cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Support for Proxmox

Good day

Is there support on FNMS for PROXMOX. The Proxmox Virtual Environment is a complete open-source platform for enterprise virtualization. With the built-in web interface you can easily manage VMs and containers, software-defined storage and networking, high-availability clustering, and multiple out-of-the-box tools using a single solution.

Each of our Proxmox  Physical Servers (Hosts) acts as its own Hypervisor. They work independent of each other or we can link them in a cluster, but each host acts as a Hypervisor.

The issue from an FNMS point of view is that we cannot map the virtual machines to the hosts as FNMS picks up the host as physical (which is correct).

How would we then map the VM to the HOST?

Virtual OS: Proxmox 8 (OS and Hypervisor in one) 

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

There is no capability built-in to FNMS to directly gather cluster or host-VM relationship information from a Proxmox environment.

If you have this information available somewhere, you may be able to massage the data it into an appropriate spreadsheet/CSV format and import it into FNMS. Here are some documentation references about importing inventory data from spreadsheet formats:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Looks like the Proxmox VE API lets you query for machines: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/api-viewer/#/nodes/{node}/capabilities/qemu/machines Also the command line (qm list) does list machines. However, it looks like there's nothing that will help you match that information to your actual inventory, like a serial number.