cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FNMS] Directory of an application installed on Flexera

Hello all,

I would like to know where in the FNMS I can found the correct directory of an application was inventoried?

for an example:

C:/My Computer/Visual Studio/Visual Studio 2019/

Is there a specific field, column or report that I can see exactly this information?

(2) Solutions

You can enable file evidence scan in FNMS setting to get this info. After enabling, you can see this info under file evidence tab.

View solution in original post

1) From the Flexera main menu, click on Discovery & Inventory > All Inventory.

2) Choose any device and open its details.

tempo.jpg

3) On the Inventory Device Properties page that will open, click on the Evidence tab on the right side of the page:

tempo.jpg

4) Under the Evidence label at the top, click on File to display file evidence:

tempo.jpg

5) You'll see all the file evidence appear:

tempo.jpg

What you might not see, by default, is the field "raw file path" as one of the columns.  To add that column, open the column chooser:

tempo.jpg

Drag the column "raw file path" to the column names:

tempo.jpg

Now you should see the file path in the list:

tempo.jpg

Hope that helps ...

--Mark

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

Are you looking fir file path for software source , which have been installed?

You can enable file evidence scan in FNMS setting to get this info. After enabling, you can see this info under file evidence tab.

That's really great!

But for my profile in FNMS, I have some limitations (for an example, I can't see the "Settings" tab in Discovery Inventory...

Can you take more printscreens of the step by step of how you got to that part above?

For me to request my access internally here?
It would help me a lot

In the Flexera UI, when looking at a device, click on the Evidence tab. At the top of the Evidence page, under the Evidence label at the top, click on File to display file evidence.  In the evidence list below, you may need to go to the column chooser and select the "raw file path" field if it isn't displayed by default.  That will show you exactly where the file was found; for example:

tempo.jpg

--Mark

As I said in the comment above, I have few accesses to this FNMS...

Could you print or write which path you used to get to this part? (Which tabs and which options you clicked)

1) From the Flexera main menu, click on Discovery & Inventory > All Inventory.

2) Choose any device and open its details.

tempo.jpg

3) On the Inventory Device Properties page that will open, click on the Evidence tab on the right side of the page:

tempo.jpg

4) Under the Evidence label at the top, click on File to display file evidence:

tempo.jpg

5) You'll see all the file evidence appear:

tempo.jpg

What you might not see, by default, is the field "raw file path" as one of the columns.  To add that column, open the column chooser:

tempo.jpg

Drag the column "raw file path" to the column names:

tempo.jpg

Now you should see the file path in the list:

tempo.jpg

Hope that helps ...

--Mark