cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to ServiceNow log

Hi,

Does the export from FNMS to ServiceNow process have any log containing information about the number of records to be exported?

Example: how many records have been exported and what is their status?

We check the log in C:\Temp\Log but it not contains that information, just overall results.

Thank you.

(1) Solution

There is only 1 log file about this process on the FlexNet Manager Suite side - that will be the file you have found. So if it doesn't contain the information you are after then you are probably out of luck there sorry.

I don't know how the ServiceNow side of this process works, but I wonder if ServiceNow may have some logging that will help you get the information you are after.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

@huyenthu 

Did you check for the folder %ProgramData%\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\ServiceNow_Export ?

Thanks,

Hi @JohnSorensenDK ,

We don't see the ServiceNow_Export in the Logging folder as you mentioned.

Logging folderLogging folder

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have FlexNet Manager Suite 2022 R2 installed but have not installed HotFix 1, then you are likely being affected by the following known issue: Logging is not generated by the ServiceNowExport.exe process that exports data for sending to ServiceNow (IOK-1004513)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG ,

We're using Flexnet Manager Suite 2021 R1, and the path defined in fnmp_servicenow_export.exe.config is C:\Temp\Log.

The log in C:\Temp\Log is exported and very details, but it just does not have the information about the number of records that were exported.

We wonder if there's any other log that has this information.

Thank you

There is only 1 log file about this process on the FlexNet Manager Suite side - that will be the file you have found. So if it doesn't contain the information you are after then you are probably out of luck there sorry.

I don't know how the ServiceNow side of this process works, but I wonder if ServiceNow may have some logging that will help you get the information you are after.