cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export a report automatically

Hi,

I don’t have access to SQL Server and I would like to consume FLX data with power bi…

Is it possível export reports automatically using FNMS? Save in a Network folder? Any idea to help me? Business adaptor?

I need a csv.
(1) Solution

@diegocarvejani - Unfortunately, there is not a way in FNMS to obtain the outcome you want, without access to the back end SQL Database.  The only way to obtain a CSV of a report is to run the report through the UI and then download the report as a CSV.

If you or someone as access to the FNMS Compliance SQL Database, you can write your own SQL Views and SELECT statements and connect Power BI directly to the database and run the SQL Views you have created.  Another option would be to determine what data you would like to report against with Power BI and then create a process to "extract" all the data you want from the FNMS Compliance Database into another SQL Staging database and connect Power BI to that database.

At the present time, FNMS does not have any APIs for extracting data other than directly from SQL.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@diegocarvejani - Unfortunately, there is not a way in FNMS to obtain the outcome you want, without access to the back end SQL Database.  The only way to obtain a CSV of a report is to run the report through the UI and then download the report as a CSV.

If you or someone as access to the FNMS Compliance SQL Database, you can write your own SQL Views and SELECT statements and connect Power BI directly to the database and run the SQL Views you have created.  Another option would be to determine what data you would like to report against with Power BI and then create a process to "extract" all the data you want from the FNMS Compliance Database into another SQL Staging database and connect Power BI to that database.

At the present time, FNMS does not have any APIs for extracting data other than directly from SQL.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This doesn't really address your query, but if you did have access to the database and could write scripting to run queries and save/transfer data then you could use a technique like is described in the following thread for running report queries: Can a FNMS report be executed from SQL Management Studio?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)