cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "cannot access the directories describing your Flexnet Manager Platform"

Hello,

We got this error "cannot access the directories describing your Flexnet Manager Platform" while installation flexnet inventory agent on RHEL 7.9. 

It has not generate log yet. How can I troubleshoot and fix this error?

Thank you

(1) Solution

At this point in time, a root cause for this problem has not been able to be identified. The key symptom is that the /var/opt/managesoft/etc/config.ini file rarely but intermittently gets corrupted for some reason on computers running Unix-like operating systems. There is no known way to reproduce the problem at will.

Common tactical remediation steps to resolve this issue when it occurs are to:

1. Uninstall the agent

2. rm -rf /var/opt/managesoft

3. Reinstall the agent

Alternatively, the following recovery steps are sometimes used an agent reinstall is undesirable:

1. /opt/managesoft/bin/mgsconfig -i /opt/managesoft/install/default.ini

2. /opt/managesoft/bin/mgspolicy -t Machine -o DownloadRootURL=http://your-beacon/ManageSoftDL

At Flexera we are interested in receiving complete sets of agent log files from the /var/opt/managesoft/log/ directory on computers that have been affected by this issue showing agent activity both before and after the issue occurs. We hope being able to analyze additional logs will give us further insight in to the root cause of the problem. If you are able to provide logs, please submit them through a case opened with Flexera Support. Identify this thread and name me (ChrisG @ Flexera Community) in the case information, and I can help get your logs through to the right team.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
jevans
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Good afternoon aaaaaa, thanks for reaching out via the Community!
In the past, I've seen this issue occurring due to the Agent having issues accessing its' config file.

This can be caused by either an access right restriction to /var/opt/managesoft/etc/config.ini or an incomplete config.ini file in the same location.
I'd also confirm that /var/opt/managesoft/ has enough space - if there's been space allocated to that location, and it's used all of that space, it would not be possible for the Agent to access that content.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
Jack

Hey @jevans,

I hope you are well. 

I have seen this before, and it's causing me to scratch my head a bit. As typically when I have seen this, asking the necessary teams to reinstall solves this issue. 

However I now am seeing this in one of our cloud environments, and I cannot easily ask them to carry out a reinstall due to the nature of our immutable infrastructure. 

Any other reason why this could be caused?

Ben  

At this point in time, a root cause for this problem has not been able to be identified. The key symptom is that the /var/opt/managesoft/etc/config.ini file rarely but intermittently gets corrupted for some reason on computers running Unix-like operating systems. There is no known way to reproduce the problem at will.

Common tactical remediation steps to resolve this issue when it occurs are to:

1. Uninstall the agent

2. rm -rf /var/opt/managesoft

3. Reinstall the agent

Alternatively, the following recovery steps are sometimes used an agent reinstall is undesirable:

1. /opt/managesoft/bin/mgsconfig -i /opt/managesoft/install/default.ini

2. /opt/managesoft/bin/mgspolicy -t Machine -o DownloadRootURL=http://your-beacon/ManageSoftDL

At Flexera we are interested in receiving complete sets of agent log files from the /var/opt/managesoft/log/ directory on computers that have been affected by this issue showing agent activity both before and after the issue occurs. We hope being able to analyze additional logs will give us further insight in to the root cause of the problem. If you are able to provide logs, please submit them through a case opened with Flexera Support. Identify this thread and name me (ChrisG @ Flexera Community) in the case information, and I can help get your logs through to the right team.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)