cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized report with all inventory sources

Hello,

We want to check if there are machines with the agent installed and not working, more exactly to see if even the agent is installed on the machine, we have the inventory from other source like SCCM and the agent is not sending the inventory.

I understood that the field Connection name can be different from Last inventory source. If the Connection name contains FlexNet Manager Suite and the Last Inventory Source is SCCM, this doesn't mean that the agent is not sending the inventory, can mean that according to the timestamp the last inventory arrived is from SCCM. I was looking in the database, in the table ImportedComputer_MT, and I can see here the both inventories for the machines, also from the agent and also from the SCCM.

But we want to see them in the FNMS, to create a customized report to show the both inventories to can investigate if something is wrong with the agent in that machine. Did anyone do that? I was trying to create the report from FNMS but I think that this is not possible and I have to use a SQL procedure.

Thank you.

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Nobody has responded to this yet, so I'll take a shot.

The Discovery & Inventory > Inventory Device Matching view may help you out here. On this view you can see each inventory device record along with key details of the details that the record matches to in original inventory sources. If you have an inventory device that has been mapped to raw data from both the FlexNet inventory agent and SCCM you will see two rows in the view for the device, with each row showing details from one of the sources.

Here's an example showing an inventory device matched to data from two sources named "FlexNet Manager Suite" and "Tesla_ADDM", with the last inventory date from each source identified:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Nobody has responded to this yet, so I'll take a shot.

The Discovery & Inventory > Inventory Device Matching view may help you out here. On this view you can see each inventory device record along with key details of the details that the record matches to in original inventory sources. If you have an inventory device that has been mapped to raw data from both the FlexNet inventory agent and SCCM you will see two rows in the view for the device, with each row showing details from one of the sources.

Here's an example showing an inventory device matched to data from two sources named "FlexNet Manager Suite" and "Tesla_ADDM", with the last inventory date from each source identified:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)