cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container Scanning and Older Inventory Agents

We have not enabled "detection of Docker and running inventory agent inside Docker containers" in FNMS On-Premises due to the performance issue that is caused with the older inventory agents. We are in the process of upgrading the agents to 2021 R1 in our environment but wanted to ask a few questions.

-If you ignore a device that is still actively reporting in with an older agent will it cause performance issues?

-If you ignore a device that is not actively reporting in with an older agent will it cause performance issues?

-Can we use lower environment to test this issue with the container scanning and older agent performance issue or do we not get inventory updates in the lower environment?

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I can't think of any obvious material performance impacts (positive or negative) from ignoring devices.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with the phrase "lower environment". Are you referring to a test or development type environment? Depending on how such an environment is set up in your organization, it would likely generally have the same functionality available to you as a production environment.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi, just my sixpence worth - if you turn on container scanning with an older version of the agent (one that doesn't support containers) you may run into issues - personal experience shows they don't play nicely. We had LOTS of issues when it was enabled and ended up with lots of paper work!!