cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commercial applications on containers

Today I discovered for the first time commercial applications on containers as shown in FNMS.

The container is already stopped but I am curious if license consumption is counted for this based on the container host.

Anyone ideas on this?

Cheers,

Rudi Bissels

(2) Replies
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

@rudi_bissels This release note is old; however, I have not seen anything as of FNMS 2022 R2 that shows consumption of licenses in containers. This release notes specifically calls out that applications installed in containers will not consume a license. This is planned for a future release though it does not state which release that will be delivered in.

FNMS Features By Release - 2020 R1 - Docker Container Discovery and Inventory 

Hope this helps,

Dan

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

For commercial IBM software, the IBM License Service (ILS) will generally be running in the containerized environment. The Flexera Kubernetes agent collects IBM product usage data from ILS and provides a unified license position view that covering IBM software running in containers or traditional infrastructure.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)