cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you Change the DB names after install for FNMS 2023 R2 on Premises

Our client wants us to create a test environment for their production server. Can we make a copy of the current databases and change the names then install the Test FNMS software? If we do change the names will it still work? 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This should work as long as you configure the test environment with the correct SQL Server instance name and database names. Also be sure to update any relevant connection details stored in the dbo.ComplianceConnection view in the compliance database so that you don't have details pointing back to the production environment.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

If you're going to make a copy of the databases and place them on another SQL server, you probably don't need to change the database names.

But if you do, you'll need to specify the new names when you run the PowerShell configuration script as part of the install.

--Mark

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This should work as long as you configure the test environment with the correct SQL Server instance name and database names. Also be sure to update any relevant connection details stored in the dbo.ComplianceConnection view in the compliance database so that you don't have details pointing back to the production environment.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks, we are going to just put everything on a different cluster. But I have  another question for you. You replied to a post called "scheduling business importer processes on a folder" We are trying to do the same thing have the business adapter process .csv purchases from a folder then write a log file for each. I looked at the same powershell script but I wasn't sure how it knows where to get source files and if we need to create a template file. I wasn't sure if there is config file we need to modify or not. I have attached the sample you poste.