cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beacon connection issue

hi

We have a new setup of Flexera and installed the Flexnet beacon successfully. I was able to configure the adapters but the issue when I run them, I don't see any status in system tasks in the Flexera web UI which is hosted on a different application server.
On further investigation, I found that in the beacon settings, i can see the connectivity status as "Check connectivity". I've followed the steps to configure the beacon with the Flexera app server, I was able to download the config file UI and import the configuration, and everything looks fine in the parent connection in the Flexnet beacon app, the connection is successful. Not sure what is the issue

(1) Solution

It's fixed now,
There was an issue with Permission, So i executed the following query 
.\Config.ps1 "Config\FNMS Windows Authentication Config.xml" forceUpdateConfig

Config.ps1 file is available in support folder of flexera setup

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

I would check the beaconengine.log file on the Beacon to see why the Beacon is not receiving its policy and never reported its status to the FNMS server.

--Mark

Following are the logs i found in beacon engine log file

Downloading item 'business-importer-ibm-customddi' using URI 'http://Flexerserver/inventory-beacons/api/download/business-importer-ibm-customddi'.
2024-02-22 15:45:43,078 [sinessImportController|download] [ERROR] Error downloading business adapter configuration.
Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Core.ComplianceApiFatalException: Could not download item from http://Flexerserver/inventory-beacons/api/download/business-importer-ibm-customddi. Server returned 'Internal Server Error'
at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Core.HttpClientBase.HandleDownloadResponse(HttpResponseMessage response, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Download.DownloadClient.DownloadItem(String itemName, String etagValue, Boolean ignoreNotFound, Dictionary`2 queryList)
at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Download.PackageDownloader.DownloadAndExtractResource(String resourceId, String outputFolderPath, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Download.PackageDownloader.DownloadBusinessImporterIBMCustomDDI(String configPath)
at Flexera.Beacon.Engine.Controllers.BusinessImportController.DownloadBusinessAdapterConfiguration()
2024-02-22 15:45:43,079 [Core.HttpClientBase |policy] [INFO ] Server reported item is not modified. No download occurred for request http://Flexerserver/inventory-beacons/api/policy/?BeaconUID={4ECDF5F3-682D-4133-B8FD-6BB07E830538}.
2024-02-22 15:45:43,079 [Services.PolicyService|policy] [INFO ] No new rules were downloaded (Current policy revision # 1087).
2024-02-22 15:45:43,080 [llers.PolicyController|policy] [INFO ] No upgrade of the beacon is required. Current version: '17.0.1.23'

If you have an on-prem version of FNMS, you'll need to look at the beaconservices.log on the FNMS server for an entry at around the same time as this error to see what the "internal server error" is all about.

I had an issue that was sort of similar; maybe this will also help.

--Mark

Thank you @mfeinman , Now i see following error in beacon log

n unhandled exception has been caught.
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at Flexera.Beacon.Web.Server.Logic.ServerSAPService.GetSAPRecommendationSet(String tenantUid, Int32 sapRecommendationSetID)
at Flexera.Beacon.Web.Shared.Controllers.DownloadController.GetSAPRecommendationSet(String tenantUid, String sapRecommendationSetID)
at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

Unfortunately an error like that ("index out of range") probably requires opening a ticket with Flexera support, unless there was something more meaningful in the log before that happened.  Or maybe search the knowledgebase for a similar issue if someone has reported it before.

--Mark

Please try to follow the solution described here: Error: No local import configuration for business imports could be found - Community (flexera.com)
I seem to remember we had similar problem in the past but it was some year back so I'm not exactly sure what error we were getting. I remember though, that we ended up creating that missing customDDI folder manually as described there, and it worked. I'd give it a try. 

It's fixed now,
There was an issue with Permission, So i executed the following query 
.\Config.ps1 "Config\FNMS Windows Authentication Config.xml" forceUpdateConfig

Config.ps1 file is available in support folder of flexera setup