cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch upload of HW assets

Can someone explain how to upload multiple assets or do a batch upload.
There is a mention of a business adapter in one of the slides in FNM-1640, what is this?

If we have a PO of 100 laptops, how can we upload this?:confused:
(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Business adapters are components that can be developed to do bulk imports of data from sources such as spreadsheets or databases. You can learn more about this concept from the Using FlexNet Business Importer PDF guide available from the top level online help page, and the Business Adapters Practice Guide available the Flexera Learning Center.

Configuring an import requires a strong grasp of the FlexNet Manager Suite data model and how different types of data relate and work together. It is a powerful mechanism, but also comes with the possibility of messing up data if you're not careful. If you are not already familiar with working with business adapters then you may want to consider finding somebody who has experience with configuring them to help make the process straightforward for you.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

+1 Smiley Happy

P. №25 "HAM Practice Guide" says us that we can but it is not true (from some 2015* i think).

But why? Its really helpful.

May be we can expect it in future releases? (again)AssetUploadFromUI.jpg

@Sergey_V - the description in the HAM Practice Guide isn't really clear, but the suggestion there is trying to inspire ideas on what you may be able to do with some development work, and not actually referring to functionality available in FlexNet. The suggestion is that if you:

1. Are using FlexNet on-premises; and
  2. Want your end users to be able to upload asset data in a spreadsheet or similar format to be imported through a web interface; and
  3. Are open to doing some custom development

then you could design and develop a web site that allows users to upload data and then run a business adapter on the server.

It would indeed be great to have this sort of capability available out-of-the-box! Feel free to suggest it here: Have an idea for changing FlexNet Manager? The product team wants to hear it

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)