cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Service start error with FNMS 2023 2 Install

Have installed FNMS many times and trying to install 2023R2 and receiving following error executing .\Config.ps1 "Config\FNMS Windows Authentication Config.xml" after install.

Executing step Start Batch Scheduler service.
WARNING: Waiting for service 'FlexNet Manager Suite Batch Process Scheduler (BatchProcessScheduler)' to start...
ExecuteCustomScripts : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ServiceCommandException: Failed to start service 'FlexNet Manager Suite Batch Process Scheduler
(BatchProcessScheduler)'.
At C:\_trunk\Software\Flexera\FlexNet Manager Suite\Support\ConfigHelper.ps1:1146 char:11
+ $ret = ExecuteCustomScripts $configMode $serverStep
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,ExecuteCustomScripts

Any ideas?

(1) Solution

Updated sql access and reran and successful, thanks again

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

A failure to start the Batch Process Scheduler service will often generate some details about the failure in one or both of the following locations:

• Windows Application event log
  • Batch Process Scheduler logs under C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\BatchProcessScheduler
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris.  Per log Looks to be login failure which I had checked but let me look again.

Service Account password is correct but when I try to start service when using service account credentials it fails.  If I use my credentials to run the service it starts fine.  Checking on why service account having an issue.

looks like issue with service account connecting to SQL DB, checking....

wrong service account had dbo.owner rights to DBs, updating and retesting...

Updated sql access and reran and successful, thanks again