Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backporting the new FNMS 2021 R1 M365 Inventory Adapter to 2020 R1

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

I tried to backport the new adapter to 2020 R1. I tried copying the adapter folder to the older release, but found the "Authorization Flow" option missing.

2021-08-03_09h45_31.png

I guess these options are defined in the beacon and not adapter itself. What would be the approach to use the new adapter with an older release? Do I need to set up a 2021 R1 Beacon, in order to make this work?

I feel that most customers would be interested in the new authentication feature, do you plan to have a manual/KB post for that?

Best regards,

Markward

(1) Solution

Hi @mfranz 

Yes, you can use FNMS 2021 R1 inventory beacon and O365 adapter with 2020 R1 it should work. Changes are in the beacon and also O365 adapter to support client secret base authentication.

Thanks
Aamer

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi @mfranz 

Yes, you can use FNMS 2021 R1 inventory beacon and O365 adapter with 2020 R1 it should work. Changes are in the beacon and also O365 adapter to support client secret base authentication.

Thanks
Aamer

Hi @AamerSharif,

I installed a 2021 R1 Beacon (17.0.1.11) on a 2020 R1 application server. "Authorization Flow" is missing:

2021-08-05_09h39_16.png

I then installed a standalone 2021 R1 Beacon on a Windows 10 VM. "Authorization Flow" is missing there as well:

image.png

What am I missing here? How does the 2021 R1 Beacon not provide this field when it's connected to an older app server?

Best regards,

Markward

Edit: The beacons might have inherited the "old" adapter from the app server. Testing continues.

Hi @mfranz 

You need to deploy the latest O365 adapter to see the Client Secret option in the drop-down.

Hope this will help.

Aamer

Hi,

I assumed the Beacon would deploy the 2021 R1 adapter itself, but it took the 2020 R1 adapter form the app server. Once the 2021 R1 adapter is deployed to the application server,  the Beacon fetches it.

• works with an integrated Beacon (on app server)
  • works with a standalone Beacon

I have not yet tested the adapter itself.

Best regards,

Markward