cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Volume Levels on Partner Webinars and Replays

Hi Flexera team,

Some of us are starting to get a little older and are suffering from age-related hearing loss.  On my work-issued laptop, I can set system volume and Media Player volume levels to maximum and still barely be able to hear what the presenter is saying.

Would it be possible for Flexera to build a bit more gain into the audio levels at recording, so that we have more headroom to play with upon playback?

Many thanks,

David - NTT DATA Services

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a helpful suggestion thanks David. I can help share this idea with Flexera folk.

I'm not too familiar with controls that are commonly available for increasing gain in audio recordings. Do you have any tips on how to do this?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG , I'm assuming that the recording sessions may not be making full use of the available recording volume (without going into the red or clipping the audio).  So, maybe the first step is simply to have presenters check volume levels before they go live.

I'll take a moment to shout out to @nrousseau10 for making the effort to add captioning to the playback of his presentations - even where YouTube does a less-than-perfect job capturing French-accented English.  It's good enough to follow along and get the gist of what he's saying.

Thanks, David

NTT DATA Services

I guess that's @nrousseau1 instead of @nrousseau10 

nrousseau1
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Hello @dmathias , indeed, this is @nrousseau1 !

I am sorry, David, the audio level is too low for your laptop configuration.

To be totally transparent I spend a lot of time listening to these recordings (to build the detailed agenda and indexes) and have always found the sound was clear and load... and switching to other YouTube videos, I don't notice the recording level is lower. Are you seeing a difference when you switch from a recording and the next suggested YouTube video?

I will make sure the the recording level is at the highest for tomorrow's webinar and you will tell me if things sound better!

Best regards,

Nicolas

Nicolas Rousseau
Licensing Architect
https://www.nrsamconsulting.com

@nrousseau1 , the audio on the YouTube replays is indeed at a higher volume, and you provide captions.  My initial note was about the partner webinars like "Free SaaS Analysis" and "Free IT Visibility".

Thanks, David

nrousseau1
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Ah, ok, then, this is not me! (I am managing the SAM Best Practices Webinars only)

Thanks for the feedback.

Nicolas Rousseau
Licensing Architect
https://www.nrsamconsulting.com