cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application still detected by Flexnet after being uninstalled

Hi,

"IBM WebSphere MQ Client 7.0 File Transfer" has been uninstalled from servers, however it is still being detected in Flexnet with 7 matches.

The servers have Flexnet Agent installed and last inventory date is showing as 28/02/2021.

Engineer has confirmed application is not displaying in Add/Remove programs list.

The file evidence "WMQFTEC07000700.SYS2" has been removed, however still showing 1 match.

What I do to find the cause of this?

(1) Solution

Which version of FNMS do you use?

There is a known issue in older FNMS releases that evidence information imported from Inventory sources is not always deleted during the compliance import process in case software has been uninstalled. This affects both installer evidence as well as file evidence data.

This issue has been addressed in the FNMS 2020 R2 release.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Which version of FNMS do you use?

There is a known issue in older FNMS releases that evidence information imported from Inventory sources is not always deleted during the compliance import process in case software has been uninstalled. This affects both installer evidence as well as file evidence data.

This issue has been addressed in the FNMS 2020 R2 release.

Using FlexNet Manager Suite 2017 R2

Hi Gopal,

Uh-Oh. considering a migration to a newer release of FNMS might be a good idea 😁.

Hi @erwinlindemann 

Would you happen to know the hotfix or bug details/ number of this issue described:

We have similar experience:  Engineer has confirmed the uninstalled application is not displaying in Add/Remove programs list, in Control Panel. 

Unfortunately, I don't have that information. Flexera support might be able to help here.

To my knowledge, there has not been any hotfix for older releases of FNMS. The issue has been addressed in FNMS 2020 R2 though.

jasonlu
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion
Hi, is there any other agent on the box, like an SCCM agent?
One issue I have had in the past is having both FNMS and SCCM agents on a box, but the SCCM agent has stopped working. So you'll end up with a merged inventory record, but the SCCM data is from a while back, and anything recently uninstalled will still show in the SCCM data.

If this is FNMS on premises you can open up SQL Management Studio look in the FNMSCompliance.dbo.ImportedComputer tables and work out where the data for that computer is coming from.

j