cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory Import Missing from Beacon

I am upgrading from 2020 R2 to 2023 R1.  As part of the process, I install the new Beacon on a new Windows Server.   I Run the Beacon application, download and import a new Beacon Configuration and restart the Beacon Windows services.  The test connection function passes successfully.  

There is no Active Directory task listed in the Beacon application and there is no log directory at C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging for Active Directory Import also the ActiveDirectoryImport.config file is present.

(1) Solution

The Active Directory Import is no longer created by "default" when rolling out beacons as it caused issues in clients that ran multiple beacons where the default connection was not removed. This was part of the 2023 R1 release (and can be viewed in the Change Log).

If this new beacon will replace the existing one, you can add the Active Directory connection back with the same configuration or input a specific domain controller and designate the account information. If none of those are entered, it retrieves the information for the domain the computer is joined to and connects via the account used to run the Beacon Service (much like Inventory Adapters do).

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

The Active Directory Import is no longer created by "default" when rolling out beacons as it caused issues in clients that ran multiple beacons where the default connection was not removed. This was part of the 2023 R1 release (and can be viewed in the Change Log).

If this new beacon will replace the existing one, you can add the Active Directory connection back with the same configuration or input a specific domain controller and designate the account information. If none of those are entered, it retrieves the information for the domain the computer is joined to and connects via the account used to run the Beacon Service (much like Inventory Adapters do).