cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARL failed to upload: The system cannot find the file specified

We are seeing a similar error after recently upgrading a customer to 2022 R1.

2022-06-27 01:02:26,531 [ecognition.Recognition] [INFO ] Executing SQL file D:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\.temp-extract\ARLCreateTables120.sql
2022-06-27 01:02:26,594 [ecognition.Recognition] [INFO ] Executing command: -S <SERVERNAME> -d FNMSCompliance -b -i "D:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\.temp-extract\ARLCreateTables120.sql" -E
2022-06-27 01:02:26,640 [Recognition.Program ] [FATAL] An unhandled exception occurred.
System.Exception: Error running command: sqlcmd.exe -S <SERVERNAME> -d FNMSCompliance -b -i "D:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\.temp-extract\ARLCreateTables120.sql" -E ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at ManageSoft.Recognition.Recognition.ExecuteCommand(String command, String commandParams, String[] argumentsForSanitization)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ManageSoft.Recognition.Recognition.ExecuteCommand(String command, String commandParams, String[] argumentsForSanitization)
at ManageSoft.Recognition.Recognition.ExecuteSQLFile(String filename)
at ManageSoft.Recognition.Program.ExecuteSQLFile(Recognition arl, String sqlDir, String sqlFile)
at ManageSoft.Recognition.Program.Main(String[] args)

We are able to download the RecognitionAfter82.cab, and when we view the contents of the .cab, we do see the ARLCreateTables120.sql file that the log is stating it cannot find.

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@kyle_wolff - this is actually a different/unrelated error to what is being discussed in the thread you posted against, so I've taken the liberty of moving your post to a fresh thread.

The "The system cannot find the file specified" error here likely means that sqlcmd.exe cannot be found in the system path.

Check that appropriate SQL Server tools are installed on this server, and you can run sqlcmd.exe without specifying a full path in a cmd shell (or PowerShell) window.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@kyle_wolff - this is actually a different/unrelated error to what is being discussed in the thread you posted against, so I've taken the liberty of moving your post to a fresh thread.

The "The system cannot find the file specified" error here likely means that sqlcmd.exe cannot be found in the system path.

Check that appropriate SQL Server tools are installed on this server, and you can run sqlcmd.exe without specifying a full path in a cmd shell (or PowerShell) window.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Kyle,

I agree with @ChrisG: Since version 18 of SQL Server Management Studio, the SQLCMD command line interpreter has become an separate download. This command line interpreter is required for importing the ARL libraries.

Please check if you have SQLCMD available (try executing SQLCMD from a command line without any options). If you don't have it available, download it from Microsoft, please.

@kyle_wolff  - please try killing shadowHost task (Flexnet Manager Suite Batch Processor) in Windows Task Manager and then run the Recognition data import scheduled task.