- Flexera Community
- FlexNet Manager
- FlexNet Manager Content Blog
- FlexNet Manager Update: Application Recognition Library #2730 and Service Life Data Pack #577 are av...
FlexNet Manager Update: Application Recognition Library #2730 and Service Life Data Pack #577 are available
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark as New
- Mark as Read
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Content
What's new in this release
Changes to note:
- Enhances definition of Queries for EBS Applications.
- New EOL dates added for 146 applications
- Updated EOL dates for 22 applications
- https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Content-Blog/Content-Change-Notification-IBM-Product-Name-Change-and/ba-p/265918/jump-to/first-unread-message the changes mentioned in this community are part of this release
- Count of new applications added:
Publisher Number of Applications Red Hat 20 Oracle 16 Canonical 16 Microsoft 12 Imperva 10 Dell Technologies 10 CaseWare International 8 IBM 8 Broadcom 6 Scientific Linux 6 Others 161 Total 273
Current Library Totals:
- A number of applications in ARL: 333,217 across 22,068 publishers.
- Number of evidence recognition rules:2,512,655
- Installer evidence rules: 1,383,447
- File evidence rules: 687,149
- WMI evidence rules: 1459
- Application suite evidence rules: 359
- Number of commercial applications with service life dates: 84,956
You can inspect changes made in this ARL release as per the following links:
- List of new applications added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewApplicationsARL2730
- List of new versions of applications added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewVersionsARL2730
- List of new publishers added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewPublishersARL2730
- List of applications updated in the release: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=UpdatedApplicationsARL2730
- List of applications deleted in the release: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=DeletedApplicationsARL2730
- List of applications Updated/Inserted with EOL in the release:https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=ListofApplicationswithServiceLifeDataPack577
Updating library data
FlexNet Manager Cloud: These updates are expected to be installed prior to Monday, February 27th, 2023.
FlexNet Manager On-premises: This library release will be applied to your FlexNet Manager according to schedule settings and processes configured for your instance. If your environment requires to you manually download and update library data, see the following article for guidance: Downloading the FlexNet Manager Suite Content libraries manually.
You can inspect the versions of currently installed libraries using the system Menu > System Health > System Health Dashboard menu option in FlexNet Manager.
Upcoming ARL and Service Life Data Pack updates: We nominally expect the next ARL and Service Life Data Pack updates to be published on or around Friday, March 3rd, 2023
Reporting issues with ARL and SLDP updates
Should you have any issues related to FlexNet Manager library data, please submit a case by logging in to the Flexera Community and then selecting the Get Support > Open new case menu option.
We are interested in feedback on these announcements. If you have any questions or suggestions for improvements, please comment below.
We trust that you will find this update helpful and look forward to continually improving your application recognition results.
@PrasadAmin Can you tell me if "Enhances definition of Queries for EBS Applications." is the bug fix/enhancement for handling inactive EBS users? Currently the system does not handle users with expired responsibilities and still counts them towards a license consumption (IOJ-2093927). We were told this would be resolved in an upcoming ARL release.
You're right, the feature contains the filtering of users which have expired responsibilities. The functionality is part of the agent (as ARL scripts will be executed there). This will lead to less delivered users for EBS in the *.ndi file.
CC: @ChrisG, @PrasadAmin
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.