Introduction of Virtual Processor Core (VPC) metric for IBM Cloud Paks to support IBM VPC Licensing capability
Customers should take action
IBM now sells software licenses through ‘IBM Cloud Paks’, a new form of multi-product bundle license which is primarily licensed on a Virtual Processor Core (VPC) metric.
The FNMS 2020 R2 release of FlexNet Manager Suite includes a new IBM Virtual Processor Core (VPC) license type for non-containerized infrastructure in order to support IBM Cloud Paks and other software licensed on a VPC basis.
FlexNet Manager Suite SKU, PURL, and bundle library content will be updated to support IBM Cloud Paks.
Content libraries are changing to supplement the new VPC metric. The current ARL withBuild #2566released on 7thNov 2020 contains changes specific to VPC in the Points Rule Set in the FNMS user interface. The SKU, PURL and bundle licensing content libraries will be released on20thNov 2020.
74 existing IBM Cloud Pak SKUs are being updated from ‘PVU’ to the new metric ‘VPC’.
Eight new SKUs are being added to the SKU library for ‘Information Server Extension for IBM Cloud Pak for Data’.
The IBM PURL will be updated with VPC license templates linked to the new points rule set.
Eight new Cloud Pak bundles are being published:
1. IBM Cloud Pak for Automation 20.0
2. IBM Cloud Pak for Applications 4.2
3. IBM Cloud Pak for Integration 2020.3
4. IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management 2.1
5. IBM Cloud Pak for Data Standard Edition 3.0
6. IBM Cloud Pak for Data Enterprise Edition 3.0
7. IBM Cloud Pak for Security 1.4
8. IBM Information Server Extension for IBM Cloud Pak for Data 11.7