How to update FlexNet Embedded Publisher keys in FlexNet Operations Cloud (ALM/LLM) and ALM On prem and keep the same Identity
How to update FlexNet Embedded Publisher Keys in FlexNet Operations Cloud (ALM or LLM) and ALM On Prem and keep the same Identity
If a customer changes the FlexNet Embedded publisher keys (add new platform support) in FlexNet Operations Cloud (ALM/LLM) or ALM On Prem) and needs to keep the same identity, they will need to follow the instructions below to update their existing Identities. If they are in a testing phase it much easier to generate a new identity in FlexNet Operations Cloud using the UI and download that new identity to the FlexNet Embedded Clients.
If the customer changes the publisher keys and has FlexNet Operations Cloud (ALM/LLM) Support needs to request the publisher keys be updated in FlexNet Operations Cloud.
If the customer has FlexNet Operations on prem (ALM) the publisher keys will be automatically updated by following the steps below.
If they want to keep the same identity name they will need to update the existing Identity.
- Download the existing identity files from FlexNet Operations Cloud
- Create some work directory
- In FlexNet Operations Cloud, navigate to the Identity you want to update
- Download all 3 binary files from FlexNet Operations Cloud and save them in your work directory (you don't need the C or Java files)
- Copy these files to some back-up location in case you want to revert
- Start pubidutil (which you can find in your FNE /bin/tools directory)
- point pubidutil to the bin files you just downloaded to your work directory
- pubidutil should show you the old publisher keys as well as the identity name and key algorithm and strength
- Change the publisher keys
- Click submit
- Pubidutil has updated your keys in the work directory (check time stamp of the files)
- Go back to FNOC and upload the new IdentityBackOffice.bin
- navigate to the Identity you want to update
- Click update
- Click Browse
- Find the updated IdentityBackOffice.bin and click submit
- Acknowledge the warning
- The application will upload your identity file with the new publisher keys
- Download the Client Identity in either C or Java flavor and open the file in a text editor. In the header you should see the new publisher keys
- Test that a client that had the old identity file can still communicate with the back office
- Test that a client with the new identity file can communicate with the back office