- Flexera Community
- Community Hub
- Events and Webinars
- Recording and Presentation of the November Monthly SAM Best Practices Webinar (metering & usage) are...
Recording and Presentation of the November Monthly SAM Best Practices Webinar (metering & usage) are available!
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark as New
- Mark as Read
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Content
The recording of the "Metering in FlexNet Manager: collection, management and optimization" is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcFBi9eWFkQ
Here are are the main sections:
- 00'00'': Kick Off & Agenda
- 04'22'': Pointers for the last session ("everything about Oracle") material and answers to questions
- 13'02'': News
- 15'00'': Metering and Usage
- 15'00'': Introduction
- 23'54'': Metering collection for Desktop applications
- 23'54'': By the Flexera Agent: how to set up, how data is stored
- 33'12'': By the SCCM agent
- 36'51'': Recognition / Usage: important of evidences mappings to applications
- 38'33'': Limitations
- 43'06'': Other types of usage: Oracle, Microsoft 365 Online usage
- 51'50'': How to take advantage of usage data
- 54'41: Reporting on raw usage, installed application usage (From Web report / installed applications screen)
- 58'20'': From usage to optimization
- 58'20'': What a license consumption shows
- 59'45'': Published Custom SQL Report (on Adobe)... soon in FNMS
- 63'08'': Extending usage (see documents below) collection
- Setting usage for all files and activating installer evidences usage (for agents prior to 2020R1)
- Collecting additional information with the agent: example of Autodesk License keys (on prem only)
The PowerPoint and the two Word documents covering usage data collection extension used during the presentation are attached to this post.
Two useful pointers:
Excellent and detailed post by @ChrisG : https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Blog/Application-usage-metering-using-the-FlexNet-inventory-agent/bc-p/146047#M216
- Adobe subscription import and optimization report KB article: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/Adobe-Subscriptions-Optimization-Report-amp-Adobe-Portal-Users/ta-p/195352
I tried to implement the Autodesk report, and is not working by default.
INSERT INTO BeaconTargetPropertyValue
(BeaconTargetID, KeyName, Value)
(2,'CTrackerIncludeRegistryKey', 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\')-- Target 2 is "ALL Windows"
Target 2 in no longer valid in FNMS, you need to check your target, with version 2021 R1 is 6, or you can use the same logic as for log4j reports.
Thanks for the feedback.
I have seen (recently) various TargetIDs for Windows devices... A "SELECT * FROM BeaconTarget" query will give you the right ID (if exists), or you can even create the target following instructions on https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Blog/Finding-installations-of-Apache-Log4j-or-other-files-on/ba-p/217513
Updating the document now.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.