The recording of the "Windows Server / Core Infrastructure Server Suite" January SAM Best Practice Webinar is available here: https://youtu.be/VzndZz1AJhY
Here are the main sections:
- 00:00 Kick Off & Agenda
- 01:31 Pointers for the last session ("Management of IBM PVU and VPC Licensing") material and answers to questions
- 10:40 News:
- 12:49: Windows Server and CIS Optimal License position in one hour.
- 12:49 Context: the Windows Server / CIS Licensing challenges.
- 18:00 Tools at your disposal (Windows server optimization report, Allocations, Intelligent Restriction)
- 20:25 Description of the three licensing approaches demonstrated
- 24:51 Some important columns in the Windows Server Optimization report.
- 30:47: demo of first approach: Easy and expensive. Note that the PDF has been extended to include more illustrations of the three approach using intelligent license allocations.
- 38:33 The Windows Server Optimization reports allocation approach
- 1:04:29 The cluster level / intelligent license restriction approach
- 1:13: Wrap Up
The PowerPoint used during the presentation is attached to this post.