cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behavior:

Customers can login to Data Platform Admin UI as usual.

However , with User console the below error page is received:

AccessRequiresAuth.PNG

We have observed this on patch 5.5.15

Resolution:

In <Data Platform Install directory>/Conf/Norm.configuration.config file:

Update the value of <BI_CONFIG_NORMALIZE_BI_SERVER_URL> from "localhost" to host name or IP.

Restart Data Platform service and then try to login to User Console. This should work.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Comments
taboudreau
By
Flexera Alumni
I have observed this and it can also be resolved by un-activating and then re-activating the UC inside the Admin Console.
fnagell
By
Level 2
For me it only worked after adding the IPv4 address to the file - FQDN did not work.
amy_robison
By
Level 2

I also had to use the IP address (already have a fully qualified name in that space).  Will this be addressed in an upcoming patch?

amy_robison
By
Level 2
I do not see this being fixed in 5.5.17 but Data Platform team support, please confirm.
amy_robison
By
Level 2

do moderators read these comments?  3 weeks and no comment to address my question... wondering what the point of this community site is.

blalvani
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi Amy,

We do apologize for the delay in response. We indeed read your comments and try to respond with any details known to us to the best of our knowledge,  to answer your questions.

In 5.5.15 we had an additional feature where AdminConsoleService.asmx requires embedded authorization. Some customers reported this issue and hence a workaround was provided to help get past the error. Not all customers had this issue after the patch, hence this was not addressed in our recent patches as the scope of the issue was unknown.

I see you have logged a case with us and have given us more details on your business case -  why using IP Addresses is not acceptable. We agree with the concern raised and have logged a bug with engineering to be addressed in an upcoming patch.

Thank you for your patience, we will try our best to have this addressed soon in our upcoming patches.

Regards,

Flexera Support.

goody612
By
Level 8

I'm seeing this after applying the latest update set.  They had previously been using the IP, so it doesn't appear that is the issue.  We also attempted to unactivate UC and then reactivate with no luck.  Any other suggestions.

blalvani
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi,

Request you to please log a case on our support portal so we can perform additional validation of this issue on the latest patch.

Version history
Last update:
‎Apr 01, 2019 03:55 PM
Updated by: