cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2010 / SQL Server 2014

Flexera reports the obsolete date for Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2010 as being July 14, 2020.  Per guidance from Microsoft below, this does not apply if SQL Server 2014 / Visual Studio 2010 Shell is installed on the server.  Is it possible to identify these cases & accurately report the obsolete date as aligning with SQL Server 2014?

Visual Studio 2010 Shell is installed with SQL Server 2014 and 2012 - SQL Server | Microsoft Learn

"According to Microsoft lifecycle policy of Visual Studio 2010, the support ended on July 14, 2020. However, if Visual Studio 2010 Shell (Isolated) or Shell (Integrated) is installed with SQL Server 2014 or SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio 2010 Shell will be supported until the end of support for SQL Server 2014 (07/09/2024) or for SQL Server 2012 (07/12/2022)."

(1) Solution

Hi,

On analysis, we found that Visual Studio is available as a standalone product. Moreover, we cannot change the Visual Studio EOSL dates as they will impact the other customer bases. Since we don't know whether it is installed with SQL Server or without SQL server, we cannot make changes in the ARL.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know your thoughts on it.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Thanks for reaching out to Flexera support.

The content team is looking into this issue. I will provide an update soon.

Best regards.

Hi, 

We are reviewing the lifecycle dates. We will update any changes required in the ARL release on 24th March.

Thank you.

Hi,

On analysis, we found that Visual Studio is available as a standalone product. Moreover, we cannot change the Visual Studio EOSL dates as they will impact the other customer bases. Since we don't know whether it is installed with SQL Server or without SQL server, we cannot make changes in the ARL.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know your thoughts on it.

Thanks.