cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technopedia Desupported flag information ?

Hello,
could you explain me why I can find a lot of components with an outdated OBS year but which aren't flagged as desupported ?
For exemple Beyond compare v4.2 from Scooter software got an OBS year = 2019 but isn't flag as Desupported.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards

(1) Solution

Hi @SylvainMeuier  ,

We have Specific Rules/Condition when to use Desupported Flag for the particular Release and below Explains the Reason why we have not marked Beyond compare v4.2  as Desupported even though EOL/OBS =10/9/2019

Desupported Flag Indicates whether a software release or hardware model has been desupported. This flag is set in the Technopedia Content and is not calculated in the Technopedia Sync done on premise. This is the same as having Exception = 'Date in the past, exact date unknown' under 'End of Support or Obsolete Date' field. Whenever a software release or a hardware model has the Desupported flag = yes, then those dates are translated following the same exception value rules.

Some actual date values are also translated automatically whether the Exception flag is set or not:

• 'TBD': 12/31/2999

• 'Ongoing': 12/31/2999

Date = null (empty, blank, not populated) indicates that research has not been done on this particular entry yet, and gap-fill is needed. for More information Refer Technopedia Lifecycle Standards and Process 

Thanks,
    Kiran

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@SylvainSFIL 

I would recommend that you use the 'SW is Supported' attribute instead, e.g. when looking up Beyond Compare in Technopedia and selecting the Software Version Lifecycle you will find that it makes use of this attribute:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Yes thanks @JohnSorensenDK , actually I also use this attribute. 

I understood that :
- SW flagged "desupported = Yes" have passed EOL and OBS dates. It's always right in my case.
- SW flagged "Is supported = Yes" have EOL date in the future. It's also always right in my case.

It's more complex with SW flagged "Is supported = No" and "Desupported = -".
In this case they have EOL dates in the past but their OBS dates can be in the past or in the future.

In my mind it's strange to see some SW with both OBS and EOL dates in the past but which aren't flagged "Desupported = Yes"

I'm wandering if it means something or not.

Best regards

Hi @SylvainMeuier  ,

We have Specific Rules/Condition when to use Desupported Flag for the particular Release and below Explains the Reason why we have not marked Beyond compare v4.2  as Desupported even though EOL/OBS =10/9/2019

Desupported Flag Indicates whether a software release or hardware model has been desupported. This flag is set in the Technopedia Content and is not calculated in the Technopedia Sync done on premise. This is the same as having Exception = 'Date in the past, exact date unknown' under 'End of Support or Obsolete Date' field. Whenever a software release or a hardware model has the Desupported flag = yes, then those dates are translated following the same exception value rules.

Some actual date values are also translated automatically whether the Exception flag is set or not:

• 'TBD': 12/31/2999

• 'Ongoing': 12/31/2999

Date = null (empty, blank, not populated) indicates that research has not been done on this particular entry yet, and gap-fill is needed. for More information Refer Technopedia Lifecycle Standards and Process 

Thanks,
    Kiran