cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Shell 2010

Is Microsoft Shell 2010 required on the Data Platform SQL server? 

(1) Solution

I'm still not entirely sure what this is referring to - maybe it is something to do with the Windows graphical UI (sometimes referred to as the "Windows Shell").

As I don't think this is a software component that you would explicitly install, I don't think the Data Platform server components themselves would have any direct dependency on it. Other Microsoft software running on a server may have some dependency on it though.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Could you elaborate on what "Microsoft Shell 2010" is? I did a Google search for that product name and version, and your reference to that phrase here is pretty much the only hit the came up across the entire Internet.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris - it comes up on the EOSL report as follows:

I'm still not entirely sure what this is referring to - maybe it is something to do with the Windows graphical UI (sometimes referred to as the "Windows Shell").

As I don't think this is a software component that you would explicitly install, I don't think the Data Platform server components themselves would have any direct dependency on it. Other Microsoft software running on a server may have some dependency on it though.