cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evidence mapping between Data Platform and FlexNet Manager

We are seeing big differences between the evidence mapping in Data Platform compared to FlexNet Manager, and was curious if that is something on the radar.  We have many customers who have both tools and for some products see some very different numbers.  I have attached an example of "7-zip" where it appears that FNM uses installer evidence, and Data Platform uses file and installer evidence.   The customer believes FNM to be correct, and my assumption is that Data Platform is reporting anywhere it finds the standalone executable on a system.  

Looking for advice on how to maybe resolve this, or if there are efforts to make the two products similar in how they map different attributes.

(1) Solution

We are good with this case , we compared discovered data against ARL and Technopedia and updated both the libraries with the required actions. Both the libraries are in synch now.

Thanks, Gowda

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

We are looking into this one.

Thanks, Gowda

We are good with this case , we compared discovered data against ARL and Technopedia and updated both the libraries with the required actions. Both the libraries are in synch now.

Thanks, Gowda
jasonlu
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

What are the data sources for each of the tools?

Could it be that upgrades of Winzip are leaving behind a bunch of file evidence that FDP is detecting?

j

I don't believe so as the customer doesn't deploy 7-zip to the users.  It is more of the issue that FNM finds the same file evidence but doesn't use it as recognition, but FlexDP does.  FNM just uses installer evidence.