cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data exchange between Data Platform and ServiceNow

Following on from comments on the post "New ServiceNow Scoped App v5.0.6 is now Available in ServiceNow Store", I'm interested to understand the sequence of events in the data exchange between Data Platform and ServiceNow (more-so than the technical specs of the API's). I'm a ServiceNow developer tasked with implementing this integration for a client. 

I find it unusual that the documentation is lacking in detail. Other than the tables involved and simply entering credentials. I've had to work backwards to find out how we're receiving data into the ServiceNow platform. 

Below is my guess on how the data is exchanged from FDP to ServiceNow? I'm not as concerned with FNMS and Inventory CI data but more rather than normalized hardware and software model and information.

Step  
1  Scheduled Job runs in Flexera (Data platform?/FNMS?)at (x) Interval
2  Queries SN Instance via "/api/x_fls_flexera_fnms/v1/integration/can_export" until true result is returned
3  Triggers REST call to "/api/x_fls_flexera_fnms/v1/integration/export"
4  This triggers scheduled jobs (x,y,z) in ServiceNow to export .CSV files to MID server noted in Export Sets
5  Flexera Polls Export Status on SN instance ("/api/x_fls_flexera_fnms/v1/integration/export_status") until export job complete
6  FDP normalizes data from CSV Export in MID server
7  FDP Queries 'Can Import' ('/api/x_fls_flexera_fnms/v1/integration/can_import') until true
8  Data transfered from FTP in batches via Import ('/api/x_fls_flexera_fnms/v1/integration/import')
9  FDP Polls Import Progress Status ("/api/x_fls_flexera_fnms/v1/integration/import_progress_status") until complete
10 Once import complete status returned import complete message sent to trigger data import/transform in ServiceNow ('/api/x_fls_flexera_fnms/v1/integration/import_data_complete')

Is this following  a similar path to the  high level process for FNMS is documented here on page 314?

https://docs.flexera.com/ServiceNowFlexeraIntegrationApp/FlexNetManagerSuite/v505/FlexeraIntegrationApp.pdf 

It would be great if there were some further detail on the actual sequence of data exchange. 

Apologies if a bit wordy, but I'm trying to understand the ins and outs of this without much documentation to go on!

Thanks for your help. 

- Stephen

(0) Replies