cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Console not showing new patch available for download

In my QA environment, I login to the Admin Console and there is not a new patch for January 2024 to download and apply.  In my production environment, the red banner is there to display the patch and apply.

What file(s) and folder(s) can I check to compare why the January 2024 patch is not showing in QA?

(1) Solution
gliu
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Update:

The DP was on a invalided version which is Build20240103_3011 (confirmed the DP is already on 5.5.70), and this version was not whitelisted for patches downloaded. The workaround would be changing the version in the "Data Platfrom/patchsetversion.txt" file to "5.5.70 Build20240104_3012", and rerun the catalog sync.

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
gliu
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi @TeriStevenson 

Could you please double check if the UC is connected?
We have implemented a new feature in 5.5.71 to avoid unintentionally upgrading the Data Platform release/patch version without also updating the User Console, you will be not able to download the patches along with the catalog sync if the UC is disconnected.

Please refer to DPFM-266 in the release notes for more details -
https://docs.flexera.com/dataplatform/ReleaseNotes/Content/helplibrary/5_5_71.htm

If you want to override this new logic meant to maintain patch-level consistency across components, the workaround also documented in the DPFM-266 item in the release notes.

I forgot to mention but yes it is connected.

@TeriStevenson could you please share the "Data Paltform/logs" and "Data platform/conf/norm.configuration.config" file via a support case with us?

gliu
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Update:

The DP was on a invalided version which is Build20240103_3011 (confirmed the DP is already on 5.5.70), and this version was not whitelisted for patches downloaded. The workaround would be changing the version in the "Data Platfrom/patchsetversion.txt" file to "5.5.70 Build20240104_3012", and rerun the catalog sync.