cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADDM API data source

Hi All,

Is there any possibility to refresh the token used for the ADDM data source programmatically?

Unfortunately due to the baseline setting we cannot use the permanent token in BMC ADDM and we need to use user/password to request the session token that is valid for 1 hour to connect.

Im looking for a possiblity to update the token before launching the import job, either via database or some API??

(3) Replies

@wojciechkurek 

I don't think that there's a way to do this through the UI and as the token is being inserted into the configuration file "on the fly", I would think it would be easier for you to create a custom ADDM integration and update the configuration file with the token immediately before the extractor is executed. (I just checked the documentation but there doesn't seem to be a way of parameterizing the extractor with the token, so therefore some PowerShell (or other) scripting may be required to update the config file...)

Thanks,

Could you point me to the correct file on Admin Console server that has the token, starting from there it will be easy to manage the token 🙂 

@wojciechkurek 

When setting up the ADDM (API) integration you can retrieve the configuration file using the View button in this screen:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,