cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adarshhs
Level 2

[Code Insight 6.x] Issue with Updating Existing Project on Palamida Tool Using Java API createOrUpdateProject

Dear Support,

I'm encountering an issue with the Palamida tool's Java API createOrUpdateProject. Instead of updating the 'teamName' in an existing project, it's creating a new project with the same name and new 'teamName'. This is causing project duplication and workflow disruption.

Could you please assist in resolving this issue? What I need is a way to change teamName of an existing project through JavaAPI.

Code Snippet:

aSrv.createOrUpdateProject(projectName, projectDescription, teamName, ownerUserName)

Only teamName is changed each time and rest of the parameters are kept same

Screenshot for reference:

error.JPG

Labels (1)
(2) Replies
adarshhs
Level 2

0 Kudos

Hi @adarshhs,

Apologies for the delay. I was able to reproduce the same behavior you are seeing. Unfortunately, this looks to be either a documentation issue or a bug with the API. Currently, updating the project with the API works if you keep the project name AND the team name the same. 

As Code Insight v6 will be reaching the end of its standard lifecycle before the end of the year, we will unlikely be able to address this issue as our main focus for v6 would only be to address critical issues. If you believe this is a critical issue for you, please open a support case with us for further assistance. Otherwise, we would recommend planning to migrate to Code Insight v7.