Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting deployment tools based on the question answered

Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello App Portal Team

I have a question from the user asking whether it's possible for App Portal Catalogue item to choose which deployment tool to use based on the question that user answered?

My understanding the App Portal Catalogue Item support multiple deployment tool eg:  SCCM & Altiris .  But is it feasible to based on the answer of the question then to pick the corresponding deployment tool to deploy the software ?

Thank you in advance if can confirm.

Best Regards

(1) Solution

No, that isn't possible, but also shouldn't be necessary unless the devices are being managed by both deployment systems, which isn't a good thing.  When configuring the deployment systems, you select the priority order for the clients.  App Broker will check each deployment system in priority order until it finds one that is managing the selected device.  It will then use that deployment system to deploy the software (assuming it has the selected package).  That priority order is static for the entire catalog and not dependent on the catalog item selected; however, you could have different catalog items with different deployment systems enabled for that catalog item.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

No, that isn't possible, but also shouldn't be necessary unless the devices are being managed by both deployment systems, which isn't a good thing.  When configuring the deployment systems, you select the priority order for the clients.  App Broker will check each deployment system in priority order until it finds one that is managing the selected device.  It will then use that deployment system to deploy the software (assuming it has the selected package).  That priority order is static for the entire catalog and not dependent on the catalog item selected; however, you could have different catalog items with different deployment systems enabled for that catalog item.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Thanks Jim , Much appreciate for the clarification from your view.

Cheers

kev