cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reassigning App Portal requests

I’m looking for some help around reassigning App Portal requests that need approval.

I’m trying to set up our tech support team with access to reassign requests. The case for this is that we frequently we have line managers on leave/out of the office/left the organisation or for some reason cannot approve the request. This means the request gets stuck at the approval stage and the software is not provisioned to users in a timely manner. User don’t like to  (and shouldn’t need to) wait. I want our tech support team to be able to reassign.

I am able to reassign any requests (no matter what users raised them and who needs to approve them). I set up a couple of members of the tech support team the very same access as I have (zero Admin security access and modify catalog security access).

A couple of things are happening

1. The Tech Support team can go into Approve/Reject tab in App Portal and go thorough the motions of reassigning a request, all looks good. However when we refresh the request – we see no reassignment took place. If we look at the log for that individual request there will have been nothing added to it.

I am able to successfully reassign the same request.

1. The Tech Assist team member looks for the request in the ‘My Requests’ Tab (selecting the ‘show all requests’ tick box). When they find the request and open it up, then go to the approval tab, they cannot see the ‘Search for an approver’ section on the right hand side, so can’t try to reassign that way. I can see that option and successfully reassign that way also.

What is the exact level of access needed for this to work? Like I said, I set up the Catalog security for the Tech Support guys to be exactly the same as me. I have no Admin Security permissions set up (we use a different account for performing admin tasks). Is there something I am missing?

I have an open case for this issue but thought maybe someone might have come across an issue like this before and be able to share some insight, it’s really baffling me.

Thanks.

(1) Solution

The Reassign button will only work if a user is the current active approver for a request (and doesn't require any specific permissions).  If you grant Write ( or Delete) rights under Site Management > Admin Security > Approval Groups, that will enable the ability to modify the approval workflow within the request properties (Approval Status tab), but only on requests where you are listed somewhere in the approval workflow, because you won't be able to see other requests.  If you further grant Modify (or Remove) rights under Site Management > Catalog Security > Manage All Requests, that will enable the "Show all requests" filter, so you can see/manage any requests.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

The Reassign button will only work if a user is the current active approver for a request (and doesn't require any specific permissions).  If you grant Write ( or Delete) rights under Site Management > Admin Security > Approval Groups, that will enable the ability to modify the approval workflow within the request properties (Approval Status tab), but only on requests where you are listed somewhere in the approval workflow, because you won't be able to see other requests.  If you further grant Modify (or Remove) rights under Site Management > Catalog Security > Manage All Requests, that will enable the "Show all requests" filter, so you can see/manage any requests.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

I added the Site Management > Admin Security > Approval Groups permissions you recommended to the Tech Support user and it seemed to do the job. She is testing now and all is looking good so far.

I did not have these permissions myself - but I suspect because I was in the Default group that's why it worked for me. 

Thanks for your help with this, we've been trying to figure it out for a few weeks.