cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order on Behalf of Limit

Is there a limit on the number of users/machines you can 'order on behalf of' with App Portal 2019?

We can never add more that 10.

Is there a setting I can update to increase this?

Thanks

(1) Solution

Yes, of course.  In the oh-so-logical Site Management > Settings > Security page. LOL

https://docs.flexera.com/appportal2019r1/default.htm#helplibrary/APR_Settings_Security.htm

Don't ask me what that has to do with security.  Maybe preventing denial of service attacks?

If I recall correctly, the max items in cart setting also comes into play (i.e. Items x Number of People Per Item = Total Items in Cart).  But I could be wrong.  It's been a while since I hit a situation where it mattered.

Also, please note that App Portal was developed as a "Self Service" tool, and as such, isn't really intended for large bulk deployments to a lot of users.  Your mileage may vary.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

Yes, of course.  In the oh-so-logical Site Management > Settings > Security page. LOL

https://docs.flexera.com/appportal2019r1/default.htm#helplibrary/APR_Settings_Security.htm

Don't ask me what that has to do with security.  Maybe preventing denial of service attacks?

If I recall correctly, the max items in cart setting also comes into play (i.e. Items x Number of People Per Item = Total Items in Cart).  But I could be wrong.  It's been a while since I hit a situation where it mattered.

Also, please note that App Portal was developed as a "Self Service" tool, and as such, isn't really intended for large bulk deployments to a lot of users.  Your mileage may vary.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

That's funny! I was just looking for that setting on Friday.. I finally gave up, assuming that the App Broker engineering team had hidden the setting.. I ended up changing it in the DB using the following:

update WD_AppSettings set value ='30' where keyname = 'roblimit'

Thanks a million. I would not have found it there!

I've suggested to product management that they consider moving these settings to Site Management > Settings > Web Site > Catalog Behavior, which seems like a more logical place for them.

Yeah - as that is the first place I looked  🙂