cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Store Apps deploying from Intune

We recently connected App Portal (2022 R1) to Intune and we noticed we can not point our App Portal CI to an Intune App that is the Type "Microsoft Store app (new)".

We can point to the Legacy WSfB type, and LOB/Win32.  

Will "Microsoft Store app (new)" type apps be available to us in the next release?  Thanks! 

(1) Solution

Thanks for replying to this TeriStevenson!   I was waiting to reply to CharlesW's reply until I created the Idea as requested.   And, I was thinking we may need to create a win32 app that runs a winget CMD to install these store apps out of Intune, until Flexera can change the App Portal code to keep up with the MS Intune App roadmap?  Maybe there is a better temporary option? 

Keep up with Intune Apps roadmap!! Enable Catalog Items to MS | Ideas (aha.io)

CharlesW - I expect this should work just list any other Intune App 'type'.  We just need the App Portal to create the AAD Groups and the Assignments to the Intune Apps that we already created.   Like we can do for other app types (Win32 , LOB, Legacy MSfB apps).  And any other new app type that MS develops in the future. 

View solution in original post

(9) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I did not see an idea requesting Microsoft Store App support, so I'd start by creating a new idea.. I did see some internal documentation investigating this, but it looked like there may be some difficulties in implementing. In particular, the Microsoft store app deployment works based on user context and technically App Broker does not support this type of user only based deployment. 

I think than Idea should help to keep the ball rolling 🙂

I'm running into this as well.  We just set up the integration but App Portal is only finding the legacy apps.  Microsoft just stated that we need to move to InTune for all deployment because they aren't supporting the MS Store for business as of March 31. How I'm reading this is we would need to pull/package apps from the MS Store since App Portal can't directly connect that deployment?

Thanks for replying to this TeriStevenson!   I was waiting to reply to CharlesW's reply until I created the Idea as requested.   And, I was thinking we may need to create a win32 app that runs a winget CMD to install these store apps out of Intune, until Flexera can change the App Portal code to keep up with the MS Intune App roadmap?  Maybe there is a better temporary option? 

Keep up with Intune Apps roadmap!! Enable Catalog Items to MS | Ideas (aha.io)

CharlesW - I expect this should work just list any other Intune App 'type'.  We just need the App Portal to create the AAD Groups and the Assignments to the Intune Apps that we already created.   Like we can do for other app types (Win32 , LOB, Legacy MSfB apps).  And any other new app type that MS develops in the future. 

Hello - We are curious if this functionality made it into the 2023 R1 release that just dropped?   

I did not want to assume no just because there was nothing in the release notes and because the status of the Idea (Keep up with Intune Apps roadmap!! Enable Catalog Items to MS | Ideas (aha.io)   ) not change.   

As noted by several customers here and in the Idea comments this ability to deploy MS Store apps from intune is functionality that we all need!!  

Shiremath
By Level 4 Flexeran
Level 4 Flexeran

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Currently, this is not added as part of App Portal 2023 R1 release. However, it is planned to be added in the upcoming App Portal release (which is tentatively planned end of Q4 2023). 

Thanks you!

Since we're nearing the end of Q4, is there an updated estimate on when the next release may be coming?

Hi,

We are targeting the App Portal/App Broker 2023 R2 release around mid of January 2024 or earlier. However, we will keep you updated on the exact date ASAP when it is available.

Thank you!

Hi,

We are delighted to share that App Portal / App Broker 2023 R2 version is released today. As part of this release, Microsoft Store app (new) type support is available along with other new features and enhancements.

Please refer the release blog for more details.

Thanks you!