cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error while install web Service setup exe file in SCCM primary site

While installing web Service setup exe file in the SCCM primary site server, getting error.   Those error screenshot and log files has attached herewith FYR.

Kindly give me solution for the above said issue ASAP.

Regards,

Shahul Hamid Bathusha

(1) Solution

The error seems to be occurring when the installer attempts to create the user and device folders in Config Mgr. The installer does this by making a WMI call to create the folders. Can you please confirm that the account you are running the installer as is a local admin, and also defined as an administrator in Config Mgr? After installation, the ESD Web Service runs as the local system account, so it will have appropriate permissions. During the install, the logged-in user account is used, which may not have permissions. 

View solution in original post

(9) Replies

@sbathusha 

I can see that you're working with Flexera Support troubleshooting this issue. Please share its resolution when it's found if you think it would be useful for other forum members.

Thanks,

Sure definetly but the Flexera Support not yet give resolution since almost one week.

The error seems to be occurring when the installer attempts to create the user and device folders in Config Mgr. The installer does this by making a WMI call to create the folders. Can you please confirm that the account you are running the installer as is a local admin, and also defined as an administrator in Config Mgr? After installation, the ESD Web Service runs as the local system account, so it will have appropriate permissions. During the install, the logged-in user account is used, which may not have permissions. 

Hi @CharlesW,

He is a SCCM Full administrator and he is handling all the SCCM activities in our company. I don't think so that could be the issues.

Hi @CharlesW

Could you please tell me what is the prerequisites for installing App Portal Web Service Setup file in SCCM CAS or Primary Site.

Regards,

Shahul Hamid Bathusha

The prerequisites for installing the App Portal Web Service are listed in the Installation Guide.  As Charles mentioned, it is not sufficient to be a Full Administrator in SCCM.  You must also be a local administrator (Windows permissions) on the server where you're installing the web service. 

NOTE:  You need to be an administrator to run this installer. To run as an administrator, you can right-click the App Portal Web Service installer file and select Run as administrator from the context menu.

Also please note that the server where the App Portal Web Service is being installed must have IIS installed and must have the SMS Provider installed on it.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

As I have mentioned in my previous reply he is a local administrator and already IIS and SMS provider has enabled. Still we are getting error.

Please consider this issues is not a normal error and giving entirely different issues. I am attaching the log file here.

Please go through and advise me.

Let's use the support case that you have opened to work this issue.. As mentioned in the support case, this appears to be an issue with one of your SMS Providers, and not a permissions issue.. The reason that I want to use the support case, is that some of the things we discuss, may contain proprietary information (user names, machine names, etc.). I'd recommend that you delete the log file you attached to the community post. I do not believe that I'm able to do so.

P.S. I've removed the log file from this post.