cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing a machine to sync with Intune after processing a request for an app with Intune deployment

Hello - Has anyone developed their own work around to the issue that App Portal can only force devices look for new jobs (check for policy) when the deployment technology is ConfigMan?   

If the deployment system is Intune the device is not forced to sync, to download the policy and start the install.   Asking our users to wait an unspecific amount of time for their device to sync on its own just isn't acceptable.   

Thanks!

(4) Replies

Currently, going through the same issue. Would be interested to see what can be done about this. It's definitely unacceptable.

CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

This functionality will be included in 2024 R1. No luck working around this by using a PowerShell script to call the SyncDevice endpoint?

That is great news, thank you @CharlesW !

Instead of telling the user to wait an unspecified period of time (up to 8 hours if connected to the internet), can't you just instruct users to run a manual sync?

https://www.prajwaldesai.com/manually-sync-intune-policies-windows-devices/

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".