cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Setup has detected App Portal 2015 R2 or 2016 Cumulative Hot Fix

I am attempting to upgrade our lab environment from App Broker 2022 R1 SP1 to 2023 R1, but when I run the installer it gives the following error message, then exits.

ERROR: Setup has detected App Portal 2015 R2 or 2016 Cumulative Hot Fix. Please uninstall it first and restart the setup. Setup will now exit.

This server has never had any version of App Portal older than 2019 installed, so I'm not sure what's causing that error to be thrown.

Any suggestions?

AB2023_Error.png

(1) Solution

What version are you upgrading from?  I believe this is a copy/paste error in the code.  It likely means that you have a service pack or cumulative hotfix installed for whatever version you're upgrading from.  If that's the case, uninstall the service pack/cumulative hotfix from Add/Remove Programs and try the upgrade again.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

What version are you upgrading from?  I believe this is a copy/paste error in the code.  It likely means that you have a service pack or cumulative hotfix installed for whatever version you're upgrading from.  If that's the case, uninstall the service pack/cumulative hotfix from Add/Remove Programs and try the upgrade again.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

I'm upgrading from 2022 R1 and I have SP1 installed.  I went ahead and uninstalled SP1 and then the 2023 installer ran as expected.  Thanks!