cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appbroker GetResolvedPackageVariables API

Hello 

We tried use GetResolvedRequestVariables API and it is working great, but now we have an issue is the input is the PackageID  instead of RequestID, is there a similar API exist already or some way we can get our own API to get the data? 

thanks, 

(2) Solutions

P.S. I renamed the web service, as Jim pointed out that App Broker already ships with a utilities.asmx (though it is not actually used by App Broker).  See attached GetCatalogVariables.asmx. The steps to use remain the same.

View solution in original post

If you are calling this from somewhere other than directly from the App Portal server, you will have to authenticate the request to the server.  Check your IIS configuration, but the WS folder is likely configured to accept Windows Authentication and nothing else.  If the remote system you are calling the web service from is not able to use Windows Authentication, then you may need to enable Basic Authentication (which you can do for just that one web service rather than for the entire WS folder).  Then you would need to configure your web service call in the remote system to use Basic Authentication.  Please be aware that if your connection is over HTTP rather than HTTPS, then the basic auth credentials will be sent in clear text and could be sniffed off the network.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(8) Replies

I'm not sure I understand the question.  GetResolvedRequestVariables takes RequestID as an input parameter.  This allows you to see all request variables for a given request.  Are you saying you want to see request variables for all requests associated with a specific PackageID?  Or are you trying to see all Custom Variables associated with a specific PackageID?  Or something else?  If you want a list of custom variables associated with a catalog item, I'm not aware of an API for this.  However, you can query this directly from the database.  These variables are stored in the WD_CatalogVariable table and can be queried by CatalogID (i.e. PackageID).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thanks for getting back to me. I need a list of custom variables associated with a catalog item, it seems i am able to query it in the WD_CatalogVariable table, but the problem for me is i am trying to use these API from an external system and it seems the system i am using does not support a connector to connect to sqlserver  database directly. 

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I've attached a simple web service I created which will get the custom variables that are defined for a given catalog item ID. to use, simply copy this file into the web/WS folder (remove the .txt extension) and then you can invoke the call like you would any SOAP web service (http://<AppBrokerServerName>/ESD/ws/utilities.asmx/GetCatalogVariables).

P.S. I renamed the web service, as Jim pointed out that App Broker already ships with a utilities.asmx (though it is not actually used by App Broker).  See attached GetCatalogVariables.asmx. The steps to use remain the same.

Your original code work and this is even better, i am having some issue on my end, but I  think i will accept this as a solution after a little bit more testing. Thanks again, 

Thanks Charles, I tested this service with postman and it worked great, but when try to call this service from the other system, i am keeping getting "

Error occurred while requesting 'https://*/esd/ws/GetCatalogVariables.asmx/GetCatalogVariables?catalogID=10'. Reason: Unauthorized

" Although i have already provided the credential before, i am not sure whether there are some permission missing with service?

If you are calling this from somewhere other than directly from the App Portal server, you will have to authenticate the request to the server.  Check your IIS configuration, but the WS folder is likely configured to accept Windows Authentication and nothing else.  If the remote system you are calling the web service from is not able to use Windows Authentication, then you may need to enable Basic Authentication (which you can do for just that one web service rather than for the entire WS folder).  Then you would need to configure your web service call in the remote system to use Basic Authentication.  Please be aware that if your connection is over HTTP rather than HTTPS, then the basic auth credentials will be sent in clear text and could be sniffed off the network.

Hello Charles

Is there a webservice i can use to check the status of one request, it seems the one we are having is not working right now, i am thinking to have a sperate web service just for this

thanks