cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal - Invalid Target user name when submitting catalog items

Hi All,

Whenever I am submitting in checkout, I am getting error "unexpected error" and the websiteMVC.log is showing "Invalid Target User Name" in App Portal.

Kindly advise us.

Regards,

Shahul Hamid Bathusha

(5) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

If you would, please refrain from both opening a support case and posting to the community. It causes duplicated efforts.  If you are seeing an "invalid target user" message in the logs, then it typically indicates that the target user for the request can not be found in the WD_User table. Please verify that the user account you are checking out as is in the WD_User table.

You can also check this in the Admin UI under Site Management > Imported Users and Computers > Users.  If the user isn't present, then you'll need to check your data sync settings under Site Management > Settings > Deployment > Common.  If the settings look correct, check your DataSync.log, DataSyncExceptions.log, and DatabaseCalls_Error.log files to see if there are any errors syncing user data.  If you don't see any errors, check your original data sources (SCCM/Active Directory).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Hi JDempsey,

Is it possible to import users and computers from only Active directory without SCCM or any third party deployment services?

It is possible, but not necessarily easy.  The DataSync process can read from any SQL data source.  So, if you have an existing SQL data source that includes all of the information App Broker normally gets from SCCM, you can use the custom sync queries to connect to that custom data source.  If you don't have an existing data source, you could write some scripts (e.g. PowerShell) to query Active Directory and write the necessary data to a custom table (either in your App Broker database or a separate database on an accessible SQL server).  Then you can configure the custom sync queries to point to that custom table.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Hi CharlesW,

Kindly apologize for opened the case in both place. Actually I didn't get response from the support. So I have posted here.