cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal / FNMS Version Compatibility

Your product documentation says that App Portal 2022 R1 is not compatible with FNMS 2022 R2 On premise! Is that still the case? if so, will there be an App Portal release soon that is compatible with FNMS 2022 R2?

(2) Solutions

Thanks for the link.  It looks like they have not updated that page of the documentation for the last few releases of App Broker.  I'll ask that they update it.  Please note that after March 31, 2023, any version of App Portal/App Broker older than 2022 R1 will no longer work with Flexera One ITAM (but should continue to work with FNMS on-prem).  This is due to authentication changes in Flexera One (referenced here and here).

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

Yes, you can upgrade App Portal to 2022 R1 and it will work fine with FNMS 2022 R2.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(10) Replies

Can you please provide a link to the page that says these versions are incompatible?  As far as I'm aware, there should be no compatibility issues between these versions.  If you can point me to where that's stated, I can put in a request to have that information validated/updated.

Hello @jdempsey 

I haven't been able to find the link from @ext-smmason  mentioned, but from the product released timeline point of view ...as AP 2022 R1 (or even 2022 R1 SP1 which was in September 2022)...while FNMS 2022 R2 was released around Dec 2022. 

In that case could Flexera confirm clearly or if possible verify and update the document accordingly if AP 2022 R1 will simply work on 2022 R2 FNMS on premise?  as now we are in 2023. Most of customers will choose 'both' most recent products for the upgrade...

BTW, personally did you notice or you try 2022 R1 AP on 2022 R2 FNMS any integration issue found ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Kev 

Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

@ext-smmason  I wasn't aware the AP 2022 R1 is not compatible with FNMS 2022 R2, could you help post  the doco link? that's interesting but important to know.

Thanks in advance.

Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

BTW, does anyone can confirm if App Portal 2022 R1 Service Pack 1 is compatible with FNMS 2022 R2 ? 

I have multiple customers on App Portal 2022 R1 SP1 that are connecting to Flexera One ITAM or FNMS 2022 R2, and Flexera Engineering doesn't generally make changes to the API interface used by App Broker.  So, that's why I'd be surprised if there is anything in the Flexera documentation that says these versions are incompatible.  Please note that absence of an explicit statement about specific versions does not imply incompatibility.  It generally just means that the documentation will be updated at the next release cycle or that nothing has changed that would cause issues with the previous compatibility.

You can see in the product compatibility doc, link below, for FNMS 2022 R2 (on-Premises) in product component, what AP version are compatible. 

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2022R2/EN/SysReq/index.html#FNMS_sys_req/RN_sys_req_other.html

Thanks for the link.  It looks like they have not updated that page of the documentation for the last few releases of App Broker.  I'll ask that they update it.  Please note that after March 31, 2023, any version of App Portal/App Broker older than 2022 R1 will no longer work with Flexera One ITAM (but should continue to work with FNMS on-prem).  This is due to authentication changes in Flexera One (referenced here and here).

Sorry, but I want to make sure. In our case, we upgraded FNMS on premises to 2022 R2, and want to know that you confirm with certainty that we can upgrade the App Portal from 2019 R1 to 2022 R1 and it will work fine with FNMS 2022 R2?

Thanks,

App Broker 2019 R1 functions with FNMS 2022 R1. There are no known issues, and there is no need to upgrade App Broker at this time. With that being said, App Broker 2019 R1 is end-of-Lifed on 3/26/2023, so you may want to consider upgrading eventually.

Official support was never claimed in the documentation, as FNMS 2022 R2 was released several years after App Broker 2019 R1. The integration between the two is very minimal, so I've never encountered any compatibility issues between FNMS and App Broker, regardless of the version. It is important to note that you must upgrade to App Broker 2022 R1 or later if you are using ITAM, rather than FNMS.                 

Yes, you can upgrade App Portal to 2022 R1 and it will work fine with FNMS 2022 R2.