cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add user to an AAD group

I just created an Idea asking for functionality that would update an AAD group directly on Approval / Checkout.  Today, App Portal will only add to on-prem AD groups.     Please  vote it up if you think this would be helpful

Extend functionality on Security Group tab to work with AAD | Ideas (aha.io)

I also suggested an Idea a while back to provide native functionality to remove users from groups too - Native functionality to remove user or machine from AD Group | Ideas (aha.io) - please vote for this as well if it would be helpful to you.

Thanks! 

(3) Replies

I've voted for both Ideas.  Do you have an interim solution while you wait for a native capability?  I know I almost always use a custom web service for AD group add/remove instead of the native functionality, due to the lack of removal capability.  I haven't updated the web service for AAD/Entra ID, but the on-prem solution does work for groups that are synced to AAD/Entra ID.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thanks @jdempsey  - We do have some on prem groups that sync to AAD today, and we have been populating those on prem groups from App Portal for a while now.     Some new scenarios have come up though, that require us to use AAD native groups.      For an interim solution we are exploring a Command script that can manage AAD group members.  But we are open to other ideas as well.  Thanks! 

And thanks for the votes!