cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Package available to ALL Users...

What do you set in developer to make a package once installed, available to all users? I have a number of packages that once installed are available ONLY to the user that installed them.Thanks in advance for your help!!!BCM4309

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Palm Desktop

Has anyone had any success creating a transform for the new Palm Desktop 4.1? ALL three of my build machines lock up each time I get to the last dialog in the "Palm Desktop - Installshield Wizard" using Tuner. If I force close the program and look ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade Serial Number?

Hello,We recently purchased InstallShield 3.5, but we received no serial number with our purchase.We have version 3 also, but the serial number from version 3 did not work with version 3.5.Any ideas? The retailer that sold us the software says they ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Citrix Package...

HELP!!!I have created two packages one is a base Citrix installation package that installs the Citrix ICA 32-bit Windows Client & the other is just a configuration of the Citrix client to access Manugistics. If I deploy the base package and then dep...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Difference Between Clicking Remove and Maintenance Mode/Remove?

Hi. I have an MSI package that was given to us by an outside vendor.I need to make some modifications to the installation so I have created a Transform to accomplish this.The Transform seems to work fine as far as application functionality goes, but...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Completely overwrite .ini file

I use Admin Studio 3.01 and have buildt a package with Author.Scenario:There is an ini file present on the computer when I start to install. I want the installation to completely overwrite the ini file, loosing all previous content, and create a new ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

missing dlls from repackaged files

ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "msrating.dll" for Icon Icon_msrating.dll does not exist.it does and it is there in the correct dir? any ideas what i am doing wrong? the msrating.dll is definately there, although it is called msrating.dll_com (...

Finding Conflicts between Merge modules and MSI's

I got a bunch of merge modules and a bunch of MSI's. I want to check each MSI one at a time against the Merge modules for conflicts, how is this done. I can check two MSI's against each other no problem, so I tried putting all the merge modules into...

Windows Explorer Launch...

I wanted to know if any of you have experienced an issue where, if you install any of the Office 97 products including Project 98 Windows Explorer will not launch until a reboot even if the installation doesn't require / prompt for a reboot. I have ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packages...

I have a number of packages that I have created that install fine and work properly for a given user. The problem I have is when I add a new user to the machine Windows Installer requires access to the original package to complete a "mini-setup" if ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos