cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Still learning......Unsupported operation

When running repackager, I've completed the appllication setup and customization but when starting repackager again to do the system status change I'm getting an error of "An Unsupported operatino was attempted".Has anyone else encountered this probl...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager freezing

I've just purchased AdminStudio 3.5 and downloaded the update. I'm trying to repackage a simple application and seem to be doing something wrong. I've installed AdminStudio on a productinon machine and am working on a clean 98 workstation. I've ma...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customizing repackaged MSI install

:confused: I have downloaded the AdminStudio product in attempt to find if it can help me with my quandry, but still cannot seem to find a solution. I have a vendor supplied software package (Rockwell Software - RSLinx) that appears to be an InstallS...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internal Error 2343

Anyone got any pointers as to how to resolve this one? MSI.chm gives me "Specified path is empty" - not too helpful!!The error message occurs when running an MSI created using AS 3.5. Running the MSI on an NT4.0 box with Windows Installer 1.2.

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

secure - permirssions

We are in the process of "moveing from a movell netware based LAN to a Windows2000 based LAN"all our computers are windows 2000 (server and professional)We are "locking down the desktops" meaning no user will be a member of the administrators group.I...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ISSelfReg table missing - Dev 8/ NT4/ MSI 1.1

I just installed the Admin Studio update that included Developer 8. Now my msi's will not self register on NT4 PC's with MSI 1.1. The same build works fine on XP. Yes, they registered just fine on the same PC when built with Dev 7 SP4. I've inclu...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adminstudio & Citrix

Does anyone else have any experience with using the Adminstudio v3 for creating MSI packages for use with ISM for Citrix Metaframe XPe.Have you had any strange problems etc.Just starting to use it and having a few issues.

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

repackaging newbie

Just bought AdminStudio 3.5 and I am doing my first repackagingI donwloaded the new version of Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.1 and re-ghosted my computerrepackaged with "installation monitoring"Next I converted with the legacy conversion wizard i getMapping...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package available to ALL Users...

What do you set in developer to make a package once installed, available to all users? I have a number of packages that once installed are available ONLY to the user that installed them.Thanks in advance for your help!!!BCM4309

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Palm Desktop

Has anyone had any success creating a transform for the new Palm Desktop 4.1? ALL three of my build machines lock up each time I get to the last dialog in the "Palm Desktop - Installshield Wizard" using Tuner. If I force close the program and look ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos