cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Newbie Question - Advertised Shortcuts

Sorry if this a silly question, but I am having a little problem with all of the setup I have tried to repackage.I have repacked a number of setups (WinZip, Acrobat Reader,etc) on a completely clean PC and as Administrator. These have been repackaged...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recommended Best Practices???

I have a few questions regarding building a packaging team. If you were forced to bring in additional members from within your company to form a "package building team" who have virtually little to no experience building packages of any sort, what s...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

operating system specific???

can i create a package on a windows 2000 pc and send it to windows 98 pcs??do i have to create a package on the exact operating system of the target pcs?? thanks for the help

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

No language support for the project. + Windows XP

During a Windows XP repackaging conversion, the conversion fails with the error message "No language support for the project."This issue is intermittent and I am uncertain why the error occurrs.Has anyone seen this?

repackager + vmware

i have previously used vmware for creating normal packages as it is quick and easy. under version3 adminstudio and 3.10vmware i could use a network repackager without problems. however now i have to install the repackager on the machine. then i can r...

Registry question

I have this regitry file that Im trying to create a .msi.Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2559A1F6-21D7-11D4-BDAF-00C04F60B9F0}]@="YOURNAME""InfoTip"="YOURNAME"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2559a1f6-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Tuner to create resonse transforms

I'm trying to create a response transform for Corel Ventura 10.I run the Tuner, specify the MSI and the MST name.I then click on Create Response Transform. The installation executes and I go through and provide all of the responses I would like to h...

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installshield Author

Hi, What exactly does "Warning: Not creating ServiceControl entries for Service: 'IPSECSHM' since the StartType is 3"?I've been trying to repackage the Nortel Networks Contivity VPN Client v4.10 using the RePackager and everytime I ran and compile it...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Building package for adobe product

When trying to build a package of Adobe Illustrator 10 with the upgrade to 10.0.0.3 (although the error occurs without the update as well) I get the error as follows:ISDEV : error -6503: An error occurred building Shortcut InternetExplorer. The Short...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackaged .dll files

I am in the process of repackaging an application for deployment and found that the original installation is installing mfc42.dll, msvcrt.dll, and msvcirt.dll to the application directory but it is not registering those .dll's. If the application is...