cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

scripts

Could someone please show me how to incorporate this script at the beginning of my package?Run, C:\\WINNT\\System32\\runas.exe /user:%computername%\\Administrator "C:\\packages\\tracemaster\\setup.exe"This will enable a regular user on a Windows 2000...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Corel Draw 11 install problem

I am trying to get corel draw Graphics Suite 11 to install. It comes as an MSI but it can only be installed via the setup.exe file. I have seen a post on the corel site that says I need to remove the action 'ISVerifyScriptingRuntime', which seems to ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not authorised

Hi i am completely new to Adminstudio having recently purchased and installed I am trying to create my first msi, however when I try to run the msi I get the following error :"This computer is not authorised to install this package".I am using window...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

New! 1-Day Seminars for Systems Administrators

Repackaging and Windows Installer Essential for Systems Administrators Demystify the Windows Installer Service in this 1-Day Seminar for Systems Administrators!For Systems Administrators, Repackagers, Help Desk Engineers, IT Managers, and others focu...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lockpermissions with INI files

Does anyone know of a way to set ACL permissions on INI files with IAS 3.x?When I packaged the setup it stores INI files with INI file changes rather than as a file in the FILE table. When I removed the ini file change, and imported the INI file as ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Data

Hi all--I have repackaged an application that adds a file to the user's AppDataFolder that contains some configuration info for the program. How can I make this available to every user that logs into a pc? I have set ALLUSERS=1 (I don't think ALLUSE...

Converting registry entries containing paths - Bug ?

Can anybody tell me if they have come across this problem with repackaging?I have been trying to repackage QuickTime 6.0.2 so that users do not need to change any of the settings. These settings are stored in the file QuickTime.qtp in a sub folder (Q...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oracle 8i (8.1.7)

I am having a bit of an issue repackaging Oracle 8i version 8.1.7. What I can do is do follow the steps piece for piece, then compile the package. Looked at the package structure it looks fine, everything is pointing to where it is supposed to be o...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

scripts

Could someone please show me how to incorporate this script at the beginning of my package?Run, C:\\WINNT\\System32\\runas.exe /user:%computername%\\Administrator "C:\\packages\\tracemaster\\setup.exe"This will enable a regular user on a Windows 2000...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Easy question (hopefully)

Hello, and thank you in advance for any assistance. I am giving Admin Studio a try for some software installations. I was wondering if it is possible to create an InstallShield script to setup windows 2000, and do all of the disk formating? Thanks...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos